Saturday, January 2, 2010

Today’s Saturday? Really???

Ever have this feeling that all consciousness of time flies outta the window when you’re on holidays? It’s really silly, but funnily enough, it happens all the time. Woke up this morning and since my phone was off, I couldn’t confidently guess what day of the week it was. So I took a guess. Tuesday. I mean, it looked like a Tuesday, perfect day for a Workshop 2 Practical, then off to Sunic to chill out and mope at the supposedly ‘HOT’ SEET guys treating them ‘gurls’ good(?). Then off to another boring class up at Automobile Workshop, maybe go hunt for that guy in SMAT and give her another reason to say yes. Oh! I’m at SMAT, quick okada to Diamond Bank to reload my wallet perhaps? Maybe flirt quietly at that male cashier that’s always giving me eye whenever I’m around, lol. Then to confirm, I go downstairs and ask the first person I see.

Me: Mornin’! um, what’s today?
Cousin: Saturday
Me: Get outta here
Cousin: For real, I’m serious.
Me: Dang!

And the whole vision changes, Now I’m reasoning sleeping in, waking up to catch up on the latest gist wiv friends, doing my laundry, sleep, search for food, sleep, go watch Arsenal get smashed again by the Devils (don’t you just love it when that happens?), sleep again, maybe go hunt for that babe in E-Suites 2 and give her another reason to say yes, chill out in Pioneer with my peeps and beer, take my evening ritual of Yummie’s “Shai” with cold Sprite, then maybe a midnyt call just to give her yet another reason, lol.

So yeah, that’s typical FUTO, right? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it’s Saturday, and I still gotta get something to eat. So what y’all propose? Indomie and eggs? Or should I take command of the kitchen and cook up a storm?

Speaking of FUTO, word on the street is we’re opening second week. I’m sure the actual date is different depending on the type of student you really are. For the flexers, it actually means first week, lol. For the less academic, maybe beginning of February; for those hoping to avoid that particular day in February wey girls dey worry (lol) – maybe February’s third week. For those who haven’t realized FUTO is an “academic” environment, maybe March. And finally, for the businessmen…wait for it…after exams, lol! Whatever your case is, it’s obvious by the beginning of February over 60% (I do hope I’m right) of the student population will be back, many with altered residencies. Imagine, you’ll haveta start retracking that your babe who’s moved from D208 to C305, start moving your belongings to new off campus hostels, go roommate hunting and trying to be more careful in order to avoid stab-worthy roomies (lol).

Also, this New Year will witness the return of our “prodigal” IT sons and daughters with their wahala. Shun, I’ve missed most of them (emphasis on “most”) and it’s always real cool in the first semester cos school is always fuller. Makes babe hunting easier, don’t you think? Lol. And besides, enough IT money to go around, eh? Chow them while they’re fresh!!! We’ll also welcome the new “Jambites”, cool guys and babes, most with no university experience whatsoever (wink!!!!). Eismann, Sunic and Ofe’s will undoubtedly be full these opening days, lol.

Wow, it’d be good to be back. After those four months of total academic inactivity where Sam Egwu and ASUU thought they should get to know each other better, it’s almost like I haven’t gotten enough of school yet. I’m looking forward to all the intrigues, hot gist, breakups, makeups, concerts, grooves, freshers (if departments won’t disappoint this time, Petroleum practically did theirs on the last day of last year, wassup with that?), SUG-Senate tantrums, new buildings, stinky hostels….yeah!

Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment