Monday, January 4, 2010

Homebound + Futo Returnees

Hi y'all.
Sorry bout not leaving a post yesterday, I spent the whole day on the road. Holidays are finally over, and I, along with most of you, did have to "return to base" as they say. So how was the ride? Pretty smooth, although the car's clutch kept misbehaving at irregular intervals, as if it deliberately planned it. Imagine approaching a police checkpoint and having trouble bringing the car to a stop. Embarrassing, really. And speaking of checkpoints, I do believe it's a lot easier to get away from FRSC checkpoints than the normal "egunje collectors" I mean, my drivers' license was a fake photoedited (not to mention laminated, not plastic) color copy, and it passed right under their nose. This effectively means I can choose never to renew the license, just keep extending the expiry dates on subsequent copies. Lol, saves me about 10k, I think. And wats more? I was asked "if" my extinguisher was in the boot, not that he wanted to check. Trust me, I aint no smoker, so why do I need an extinguisher. But the boot was full to the brim with luggage, so I cheekily affirmed that it was there, but it was buried under so much luggage that he may have a hard time finding it. As expected, the young officer was in no mood to help me unpack (lol) so he sent me on my way. Talk about "maneuvering" your way outta a tight spot, lol! After that, though, the journey home was quite uneventful, save for that pesky clutch, so here I am, home base! Now just to clean up my act and get back to school next week.

Ok, some FUTO gist. Students are already coming back (hmm, what happened to my resumption date analysis in the last post, eh?). Not surprising, as final ye…whoops!....graduates are still expected to work on and defend their projects within the coming weeks. Remember the staff quarters estate (lol!) being built just after Futo's back gate? Apparently they are almost completed. With the speed at which they were built my guess is that some lecturers might have been housing their families inside the Senate Building and VC wanted them out as soon as possible. I dunno, but is it only me that feels this man is trying to prove a point? I mean, what about the embezzlement allegations that were rumored during the strike? Did the lecturers eventually get paid or is he pacifying them by building homes for them on campus? Whatever the case, those quarters are really welcome, I heard some lecturers actually share hostels with students, especially in Eziobodo. Figures, right?
OK, that's about it. I got a stinky smelling room to attend to. And laundry. Yes, l said it, LAUNDRY!!!! Lol.

Have a great day folks.

1 comment:

  1. go attend to ur laundry & then bring us some real futo gist or gossip, aiight?

    ReplyDelete