Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Post-Valentine...

Phew! It's good to be back. I know y'all didn't miss me. Well, in case you didn't know, I'm as human as you are, and the last time I checked, bloggers aren't immune to typhoid. Good thing I didn't die though, eh?

So what did I miss? Aah, of course! Valentine Weekend. I didn't think any of you really need me to tell you what went down all around school, do you. Ok, maybe just the ones who travelled. Well, there was the ODE show on Saturday, which was probably okay, but I didn't attend so I cannot possibly pick out all the high points and low points, sorry. But from the publicity (I'm still seeing posters on buses, is there an encore about to happen on a date that has passed?) and eyewitness reports, both shows on Saturday and Val's Day in Eismann were on point. Of course, the rest of Obinze-Ihiagwa road was totally on fire. Pioneer Bar was packed to the teeth, Bombay (still not 100% sure it was him, but I did get the text message…) kept the party alive in Icebox, and even Solutions Bar, yeah the same ultra-dry-on-a-normal-day one, seemed to be busy. I heard there was an accident just after Phagdan Hostel involving an okada and a tipsy student, dunno how true that is. Jives was rocking too, and 24 Suites beside had a party going down too. What's up with them? Did they make a bet to try and lure students away from the more preferable spots? Whoever thought of that idea? Anyway, Eziobodo also had its share of fun, and no doubt the season was infectious. Between 9pm and 12am I think it's relatively safe to assume that 94% of the student community were out of their hostels and on the streets. Not a bad statistic, I just wonder what the remaining 6% were doing 'inside'…or why…

Well it's all over, and as reality settles in, school is back to normal. Well, maybe, except for this scorching heat. Aint there any lasting solution to this? And stupid PHCN's not helping matters. Pathetic. I have to go round with a portable electronic fan just to keep my body temperature in check. Mschew. But if you think the heat is annoying, then what would you call the school authorities? Why do we have to throw our academic details into new supposedly secure databases every other year? Now we're being forwarded to a new site with a ridiculously hard to remember URL. Just a question: whatever happened to a URL as simple as www.futo.com? Instead of annoyingly hard to remember crap like www.admissionhere.futo.doitnowordonotgraduate.yeahright.edu.com/toolong? I can remember filling online forms in my first and second years, waiting in long queues to obtain scratch cards to access those portals. What happened to them? The irony of it all is that none of these projects have actually helped to speed any other student-related process up. Examination results still emerge late, students' names and other personal data are still being messed around with. Pitiful. And stupidly enough, I just found out that the registration process is about as hard as you'd expect a typical Futo registration to be. Just great.

I guess that's enough gist for now. I'm just coming back so I haven't even done my usual newsfeed sweeps. So expect a more detailed post tomorrow, hopefully. Right now I think I'll go do lunch at Ofe's. Heard they've expanded and occupied Lacream Café above its former location. Neat. Wonder if their free meals are still on the table. And before you start jumping into conclusions, I aint that poor, lol.

Laterz.

1 comment:

  1. ODE show wuz on point. Waitin 4 more gist 2morrow as promised

    ReplyDelete